Most Viewed Posts

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance: Season 10-2

Hey Guys,

So I wasn’t originally going to redo this review, but after seeing how jarbled my notes were I decided to redo it.

Love Twitch, he’s our guest judge and I’m so excited, I love him.

We’re starting the day out with a pop-locker/animator who is decent. His name is Jade Zuberi. As far as animation goes, he’s no Cyrus obviously, but his locking is pretty good, and his Isos are out of this world. I like him, I’ll be interested to see what he does next. He wasn’t super entertaining to me but his talent was certainly there. He gets a standing O from the judges and I don’t know about all that, but he’s through to Vegas which makes sense I guess. Twitch saying it’s one of the best auditions he’s ever seen, I think he’s reaching he’s good, but there have been several better. The song he danced to is called “Steam Forest” by Andreas Vollenweider – an interesting choice for a Popper.

Next up we have Amy Yakima, I love the credit she gives to her dad. So often it’s just assumed that dance is feminine only, so I love that she gives credit to her father. DAD JAZZ! I am SO in love! He’s very excited to participate. Lol! He’s cracking me up. Amy is a dumplin! J

Okay – enough fun, let’s see how Amy is. Oh – brilliant. She’s amazing! Her lines are GORGEOUS! Oh! Her Dad is wiped out with his baby! I love that. Mom’s get too much of the credit! It’s the year of the supportive Dads!! The song she dances too is a very famous French song called “Je Suis Malade” by Lara Fabian. I explained to my sister that she’s like the Celine Dion of France. Amy of course goes right through to Vegas. Love that Nigel is annoyed by perfection. We know Nigel, we know.

One thing that they showed during the commercial break is that gas has gone up to $4.25 where I live. You guys, stop the madness. $4.25 seriously!? I just can’t!

Um, so this next guy. No me gusta. If you’ve read my critiques before you know that the only thing I hate more than bad hip-hop is arrogance, so, not okay. Twitch is a good sport about being called out by this arrogant man. I feel bad because he recently lost someone, may she rest in peace, I do not like Morgan Williams. I hate this song, but it’s called “Goodbye My Lover” by James Blunt. The judges send him to Vegas, well Mary does – I agree with Nigel. Should have been sent to Choreo. Obviously his talent is there, but he’s so arrogant. :P

Detroit Jit – let’s see what they got. So far it looks like a lot of flailing, not sure how I feel. Will Green certainly knows his stuff. He throws out a few big name dances. Love him trying to teach Cat to do it. It’s filling my heart, and I think that I like this Will character. J So this dance that he’s doing isn’t super skillful, but he certainly is fun looking! Lol! My mom said that if you saw him in the club you would wanna dance next to him!! J His pin drop was okay. Uh, so song wise I’m finding a song called “Rez” by Underworld.

UH OH! Mary wants to get her Hip Roll on! Lol! J

Can’t shazam the song he hip rolls too because there’s too much background noise. If anyone knows it, let me know! J They send Will to choreo based on his showmanship, a good choice I think.

Uh is ANYONE else excited to see After Earth because I sure am!

Now Twitch is gonna dance, I’m gonna see if I can get the song this time. Twitch is SO sick! The song is called Ripple (Vip) by Liquid Stranger. I love it! So for those of you that missed it, that was also the song Will Green Hip Rolled too.

Um, whenever you say things like “my style is pretty much panic” or “I have no idea what I’m doing half the time.” Hilarious. Thank the Lord for Garrett Frye. He’s so sweet. Just someone that loves to dance. Can’t do it a lick, but we’re gonna watch him any way. He dances to Yeah x3 by Chris Brown. Sweet Jesus I love this man. He’s so sweet. The judges clearly love on him. Straight perfection. I have the biggest smile on my face! J

So we’re up to the Choreo round, and it would appear as though Will is going to do, not the choreography at all. Nigel stops him angrily. He’s right, but I feel he was a little harsh. He doesn’t know. Please come back Will Green!!

Some more friends to Choreo and we’re onto day 2.

Sweet Jesus this Tapper is A-Dor-A-Ble. As is his grandmother. Oh my God you guys he is incredible. The best tapper we’ve had. My mom questions if he’s better than Jess from Season 8. I said, even if Jess matched the amazing Tyrone Cobham Jr. in skill, which I don’t think he does, Jess was never this charismatic, in fact, you may remember, Jess often came off both stiff and arrogant. Love Tyrone, he’s is my first official call for the Top 20.

I’LL MARK IT HERE IN GOLD! TYRONE FOR THE TOP 20!!

He danced to a brilliant piece of Jazz called “How High The Moon” by Art Tatum.

The audience gives him a standing O, which is well deserved and he goes to Vegas, no question. Mary says it’s the best tap audition we’ve seen in 10 seasons, certainly no complaints over here. He’s very emotional. I love him.

I love this cute supportive families section, I love the grandmother. AND am I finally gonna get my hip hop girl!? We haven’t had one since season 3.

Oh… no, I’m not. She’s horrible.

OMG Gangnam Grandma. Kill me now, she is the best! Lol!! I love her! The judges groove with her and clearly the hip hop girl doesn’t go through. Good. Lol!

So with our last few minutes we get a group of male exotic dancers, and they are making me giggle. The guy who said he does it for fun and funds – omg – he’s clearly a clown, he’s kind of cheesy and trying to make this his big break, but Darryl “Smilez” Harrell needs to stick to his day job, or night job rather. Uh again I can’t get the song, if you know it, please tell me. They save his decision for the end when they all finish performing. My dad walked through and asked if he was having a seizure.

So far the other three members of his “group” are, NOT good.

They give DeFonte “Prince Charming” Harris his own section. He’s the only one with any notable talent. He’s not amazing or anything, but he seems to be the only one with any real dance skill. Same song thing happening. It’s hilarious, sometimes when I try and Shazam a song, the answer it gives me is “So You Think You Can Dance Audition #2” oh thanks Shazam, I was unaware. Geez.

The judges invite Darryl and DeFonte to the choreography round, and that’s the end of the auditions.

Darryl says the steps are simple but in the time frame it’s hard. Yeah right Darryl, you aint got this crap and neither does your female partner. I’m pleasantly surprised with DeFonte however, and the judges pull a fast one, the first bad one of the season. Poor DeFonte. They invite him to Vegas, which makes sense because he seemed to do fairly well in the Choreo round.

Next week we’re going to Austin with Mimi Driver. Mary’s hair looks OUTRAGEOUS.

HAMPTON is back with his sweet little girl! Can’t wait. Whichever chick nabbed him is a pretty smart one.

And I’m over the rooster chick ALREADY. Boo.

I HATE Bone Crushers friends – it’s not dance, it’s gross. There was a crew on America’s Best Dance Crew two or three seasons ago, and the man presented in the previews was in that crew. I can’t remember his name, but I distinctly remember him being one of the only guys in the group who had credible dance talent, so we’ll see how his audition goes…

Okay guys that’s it! You got names and tags.

Next week, I’ll be blogging Tuesday’s auditions late again because I’ll be at my sister’s choir concert, her last one before she becomes a high schooler. :’( Wednesday though I’ll be back for a live review of our last audition city…? Were there four? They held auditions in Atlanta so maybe those will be the last auditions before Vegas maybe? I dunno. J

Okay guys, see you around the way!
Jaz

No comments:

Post a Comment