Most Viewed Posts

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance: 10-1

Pre-Read Note: For some reason, my format is underlining random words. I can't see it in the edit stage so I don't know how to get rid of it. I apologize. Sorry, I do not mean to emphasize those words in the way it appears when a random underline comes up...

Well guys this is it!!

Now that this odd Wayne Brady thing on TMZ is over, the show is finally starting!! Check back here once a commercial break to get a live update on the show!
I'm thinking I'll just free form, and see if it makes more sense to put it in any kind of format, I'll re-watch it tomorrow and add all the songs from the episode that are identifiable tomorrow. I'll put them either at the top or the bottom, so if you hear a song you love, check back tomorrow, I'll do my best to annotate them with names or notable moments so that you can find them.

There appears to be some sort of fast running man, it cuts to an unbelievable scene of our favorite Vets talking about what it's like to audition. Of course Cyrus is first, AND DOM! I miss him!!

Oh crap, just when I thought we were out of Wayne Brady land - he's clearly going to be a guest judge.

HAMPTON WILLIAMS IS BACK! Let's all take this moment to pray that he's trained some so we can have a season with him on! :)

The opening sequence was AMAZING, I'm SOOOOO excited! Mary Swore! :D

Da - da - da - So You Think You Can badababa - SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!

We start the auditions in Hollywood, and my fears of no Jesse Tyler Ferguson are quickly put to rest as he comes waltzing out onto stage.

If you aren't

This Du-Shant character is way too adorable for me right now, and Nigel is quick to diminish his spirits, although his statement was ill-advised, because Du-Shant is AMAZING!! :D Pop-lockers RULE THE WORLD, with Du-Shant  Stegall at the helm, please let this boy be able to dance other styles. What a great way to kick off the show, and of course he gets a trip straight to Vegas, which he easily deserved. I'll try and get this dubstep piece he danced to by tomorrow for you all. The song he danced to is called "If You Crump Stand Up" by Edit

Looks like George, Allison & Audrey are in the audience to enjoy the talent.

Some sort of adorable blond haired chick, will be our first contemporary dancer. However, I hate the sob stories. Just dance please. It's okay to be inspired to be where you are, but we don't always need to hear about it. Hopefully she's good. Her name is Emilise Miller I believe, I can't really tell what she's saying, we'll get a name card here. Love the Deaf joke lol. Malece Miller. Love the song. I'm not blown away by her solo. My mom called it "dance classy" lol. Said that if she was in the Dance Class she could be the top student. It's just that we've seen Melanie and Eliana you've got to do a little better than that. I'm wondering if they'll put her through to Vegas or Choreo. She goes right to Vegas, not sure that I would have put her straight through, but she probably would have made it through Choreo anyway.  She dances to Meant by Elizaveta

OH MY GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY SHOWED THAT GIRL'S KNEE BREAKING LIKE THAT! I JUST DIED A LITTLE INSIDE.

Commercial break. :)

Some of the intramural dancers appear to be amazing. Some few to Vegas, and I feel like it's probably time for a weird one.

So apparently this guy has won So You Think You Can Dance Armenia, it kind of feels like he shouldn't be able to compete but okay.

Cat Deely looks adorable in that bow tie. 

I love Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

Okay back to Paul. Why is his partner not competing. I can't tell if I hate him or love him but he certainly can dance. I'll add another music note here because I'll need this song for sure!! He dances to "No Can Do" by Dennis which is brilliant! Thank you Lillia, next you.

Jesse is wondering if Melanie is in Armenia auditioning for their Sytycd.

Apparently we'll be encountering the Dance Savers, and I can't wait.

Another Commercial Break. :) I'm a little behind on my DVR so I apologize if I'm a little delayed initially.

OMG the child in the Car Commercial, is SO cute!

Show's back on! :)

Uh oh - we have our first weirdo.

First of all, I hate bone crushers. It's not dancing.

So we have Elija Laurant, he's kind of contemporary, kind of bone crusher. Technically he's amazing, but he's rather boring. I hate this Tutu thing. Through to Choreo maybe. He wasn't captivating to me. The judges seem to like him. I didn't care for him but he's through to Vegas.

I SAW THE TAP DANCING SURFER! YAY ME! :) I hope he goes somewhere this time! I loved him last Season.

Another reel of dancers who made it through to choreo, this really loud man is put through to choreo thanks to Jesse and Mary. Not sure why, but okay.

A sporty girl is up next, who gave away some awesome scholarships and is going into another sob story. Ratings I guess. OH NO! She's the knee girl. We muted and fast forwarded. Good Lord that's horrible, she won't make it on Sytycd this year AND she gave away all of her college scholarships. That's worst case scenario for sure. Ugh! That's horrible. I feel so bad.

My sister is doing math homework and apparently has to do the Greek translation of it, to which my mom responded, "I don't even know the English translation." Lol! My family.

There's a few more dancers through to Vegas, including a Ballet dancer. The judges scare a girl which is so mean.

The knee girl is still going to give it a go. I sincerely hope her knee doesn't pop out again, my sister plain left, she doesn't want to risk hearing or seeing it again. She's a very beautiful dancer. I hate that she's even competing on a venue with that Tutu man because she is fourteen million times more beautiful. Her knee clearly hurts, I feel bad. Her name is Taylor Ward, by the way. She's adorable. She's through to Choreo which apparently is a hip-hop round.

Commercial Break. Looks like the bboys & hip hop dancers are up next. I'm going to get some water because seeing Mary sip her cup made me really thirsty! 

Alright guys our first Bboy - his rap sheet is pretty impressive, but as you all know, Breaking is something very dear to my heart, so I'll be the judge of his skill. His Floor work is SO sloppy. He competed in BC One, he says and I've seen every one so no wonder I've never heard of him. I disliked him.

Ooo a little Tadd & Cyrus in the audience, my favorite dancers from seasons 9 & 8.

A Bboy montage shows several Bboys and a Bgirl I really wish I could have seen.

Okay, so I don't know who this vanilla ice wannabe is but I am OVER him. Gross. Armen, I do not like you. Nigel is creeping on his partner lol! Again, why is SHE not competing. Me, my mom and my sister have decided he's slimy. A brilliant Pot Stir which was more to her credit than his. He's through to Vegas, which is okay with me because I didn't even look twice at his dance moves because he was so slimy. The song was Glad You Came by The Wanted. 

Commercial break. Love the Oreo commercial by the way. 

We've determined around here that everyone has a sob story if you tell it right.  

I love Breakdancing. Great 1-8ers. Is love in my life. I hope at least one of these men makes it through to the next round. I'm so in love with this whole thing. Sliding Coin Drop out the bag works for me. Eric and Lorenzo Chapman are somewhat elementary for me, but there's a lot of room to grow. They were multi-dimensional which is rare for BBoys. I liked it. The judges try to cushion the blow of not letting them through. I love what they got to do. 

Sasha or Sash-er as Cat would call her as well as the love of our lives Marko, are doing the Choreo. Morris who got through on some bs, does not make it through choreo and hopefully his female partner will not either. However Sweet Taylor has made it, hopefully she can get her knee together. 

And that, my friends is the end of day one. 

Tomorrow, I'll be blogging live again as Twitch joins the panel and also will be taking the stage. 

I'm going to watch the new girl - see you guys tomorrow. Share and comment. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment